Sunday 21 March 2021

Liked on YouTube: Introduction to the II/V/I for jazz violin

Introduction to the II/V/I for jazz violin
The ll/V/I, or 2-5-1, or two-five one, is an essential part of most jazz chord sequences. In this video, I explain what it is, how to recognise it, and what to do with it. I also explain how, for a beginner improviser, why the ll/V/l is a welcome respite in what can often be difficult and confusing set of chords. If you're interested in learning to play jazz violin, see my books Beginning jazz violin and Exploring Jazz Violin. I also have a jazz violin video course with musicgurus. It comes in two parts, each including 26 short lessons. Course 1 covers swing bowing, scales and finger patterns, playing and developing a melody, using riffs, pentatonic and blues scales, and the playing styles of Grappelli and Venuti. Part 2 covers chords, 251’s, the cycle of fifths, chord substitution, and the playing styles of Stuff Smith and Jean luc Ponty. Parts 1 and 2 are both just $30 each! Please use the following link if you're interested; Part 1: https://bit.ly/3iir3DT There are a couple of free lessons you can try out before buying. The course is based on my book "Exploring Jazz Violin", published by Schott. To look at or buy this or any of my other books, go to https://bit.ly/2NBgrFO I also strongly recommend the live online tuition course given by Christian Howes, one of America’s top jazz violinists and a former Berklee College professor. He has developed a unique 7-week personalised online bootcamp for creative string players and teachers. https://bit.ly/3tBKgW0

No comments:

Post a Comment