Monday 8 March 2021

Liked on YouTube: Whiskey before Breakfast for old time fiddle. Learn the tune, with bowing and ornamentation.

Whiskey before Breakfast for old time fiddle. Learn the tune, with bowing and ornamentation.
Whiskey Before Breakfast is an old time fiddle standard. In this lesson I demonstrate how to play the tune, with ideas about bowing- such as using the Georgia Shuffle and the Drop Bow, and talk about using open string drones and syncopation. There will be much more like this in my book "Exploring Country and Bluegrass Fiddle" published by Schott, due out in late 2020. To look at or buy my other books, go to https://bit.ly/3lvRBDu I will be posting many more old time, country, western swing and bluegrass tunes on The Fiddle Channel; let me know if you have any requests! If you subscribe, I can send you a free pdf of the sheet music for Whiskey Before Breakfast. Contact me at; haighchris@hotmail.com. Also see my website at https://bit.ly/3jrBLb7 for huge amounts of information about every branch of fiddle playing

No comments:

Post a Comment